Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary.
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary.

I found that after a while the Tuurngait actually became increasingly scary. At first you basically had to hide while they patrolled past you, but in places like the area when you exit the kennels, you had to use your wits to sneak past, or otherwise a ball-shrinking chase ensued.
I also still consider many dog encounters in Overture frightening, through there are a few episodes that I felt more of a contrivance than much else because of how many times I had to retry them on hard.

On a semi-related note, I just got Silent Hill 2, and so far I found about two minutes (leading up to the first monster and all that) actually scary. When I learned that I can simply beat an enemy until it dies with nearly no adversity, I instantly became immune. It may get better soon, and I'll keep playing, but it really felt similar to the horror in Condemned where, sure, it's dark and dreary, but all you have to do is hit things until they die. It's just that the nauseating overproduction and linearity of Condemned was switched in favor of a camera with a vendetta against you.

Just beating something to death is kind of boring.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
02-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Monsters, and Why They Aren't Scary. - by Akong - 02-26-2010, 04:43 PM