The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra loads, but screen goes blank.
niadh Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Penumbra loads, but screen goes blank.

Hi guys, I've had penumbra working under Ubuntu fine, however Ubuntu didn't fulfil my needs any more and moved to Arch Linux (32bit).

I got the Penumbra collection installed but when I come to run it, the screen goes blank, I can hear audio but the monitor goes black and Xorg seems to bomb out on something that looks like the horizontal and vertical refresh are out, and I have to hard reboot cos I can't change to a virtual terminal and bring the system down on the command line.

I have included the hp.log file in tar.gz format as stated in the advise I believe. I have also found a similar thread that exhibits similar results: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...ank+screen

Same symptoms, I don't think the solution is the same though. I am running up to date drivers for my nVidia 6600 card. Am running Arch Linux 32 bit.

I grabbed the relevant sections of /proc/cpuinfo below and I have 2GB of ram and I have had this running perfectly before under Ubuntu on the same hardware, the only thing I can think that might be the issue is my xorg.conf file, which I have also attached in case it is at fault.

Thanks in advance,
Niadh

model name : AMD Phenom™ 8650 Triple-Core Processor
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 2300.062
cache size : 512 KB
03-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra loads, but screen goes blank. - by niadh - 03-01-2010, 01:54 AM