The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you want Binaural Recording in Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
77.27%
17 77.27%
No!
22.73%
5 22.73%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Binaural recording in Amnesia
Ramsey Offline

Threads: 2
Binaural recording in Amnesia

Before you read my proposition for this idea of mine, I would like you to know that my knowledge behind the real usage and development of Binaural recording is slim to nothing, so I really don't know if it is possible in a video game or if it's just really hard. This is just a idea, a concept that the developers might consider using.

First off, for those who do not know what Binaural recording is, I shall provide a couple links for your convince:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording - Wikipedia article.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA - Virtual Barbershop, an amazing example of well-done Binaural recording. Read the video description and follow the rules, you'll be amazed. By the way, to fully understand this idea, everyone must listen to that video before you read on.

Ok, so now that you have experienced the awesomeness of Binaural recording, I want you to imagine if Penumbra had used that type of recording for the series. Yes, it would be amazing, ridiculous, an entire other-worldly, reality-bending experience for your mind. Now watch the new Amnesia trailer. Just think of that with Binaural Recording! It would be the most immersive, realistic, and horrifying simulation you will ever come about, at least as of now. It would break boundaries.

The only real cons I could see with this is the requirement of headphones. Of course you could still play the game without headphones, as Binaural recording does not have any bad effects if played through speakers, but to get the true intensity of the game you would need headphones. And really, is that so hard? I play video games with headphones most of the time anyway, it helps me drain out the reality of real life and fully divulge into the game's universe and atmosphere.

Again, I do not know if this is possible with Amnesia, or any game in general. I don't really know the sciences behind it or the means of getting a Binaural recorder, but I can tell you that no matter the cost, it will be a worthy investment. The least you, the devs that is, can do is look into it, at least. Just check it out and see if it would be possible. Personally, I would wait an extra couple months for release if it had this implanted.

Discuss.

I have also added a poll to get results.
03-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Binaural recording in Amnesia - by Ramsey - 03-26-2010, 12:41 AM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by Sepai - 03-28-2010, 05:03 AM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by Sexbad - 03-28-2010, 05:54 AM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by Thomas - 03-28-2010, 10:06 AM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by Ramsey - 03-29-2010, 04:49 AM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by nofsky - 03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by Ramsey - 03-31-2010, 04:53 AM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by naturon - 03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
RE: Binaural recording in Amnesia - by Luis - 04-01-2010, 12:15 PM