Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Overture Vertex Shader Error + Fix on Geforce 200 series card
Psytronic Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Penumbra: Overture Vertex Shader Error + Fix on Geforce 200 series card

Very welcome. I was a bit frustrated when the error showed up, so I thought I'd try and put the word out about it.

It should be unnecessary to have to create a profile exclusively for Penumbra to toggle Extension Limit to OFF, but I would certainly recommend creating an exclusive profile as a precautionary measure, to prevent the error showing up by happenstance in the future.

So yeah, it works when it's toggled to Global Setting, and the corresponding Extension Limit option is toggled OFF in Global Settings.

The Nvidia Control Panel software should automatically recognize the game, so users can simply select its profile from the dropdown list in the Program Settings tab. If it doesn't show in the list, they can use the "Add" button to direct the Control Panel to the location of the Penumbra.exe file (which, in the edition of the software I have, installs to the C:\Program File\Penumbra Overture\Redist subfolder).

I'm not sure why the function was on, suffice to say that it had not caused issue with any games in recent memory. It's possible it was on by default, although I would imagine I'd changed the toggle when I was trying to resolve a crashing error in another game.
05-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra: Overture Vertex Shader Error + Fix on Geforce 200 series card - by Psytronic - 05-08-2010, 07:26 AM