Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark
Linuxuser Offline

Threads: 0
RE: 2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark

(06-26-2010, 04:47 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Yes I hope there will be no copy protection too.
I hate it to insert the disc all the time.
Penumbra has actually no protection and that is good.

But I hope more, the game will be avaiable on http://www.amazon.de for purchase without credit-card or sth. I want to pay on accounting.
If it only costs 15 Euro, then I will directly order two exemplares of the game.

Having the disc in the drive is something I can live with, but online activation is just a no-go for me.

Yes, it'd be nice to puchase the game on Amazon.de.

(06-26-2010, 05:49 PM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: You know you could buy the digital version on Frictional's store and burn the installer to a CD and just keep your serial code with it, right? I am pretty sure they just use offline serial key activation, unless the Linux version is drastically different from their Windows version for some reason.

Yes, I know, but I hate that. I don't want to burn my own disc. Downloading a game and then burning it on a disc yourself and then take a CD marker and write down "Amnesia" on that disc doesn't feel good. In my opinion it just feels like I've downloaded and burnt an illegal version. When I show someone my game, he can't see it's a game a legally purchased.

I just want a nice retail version, with a nice manual which smells like a manual of a newly puchased game. I can put this retail version on the shelf next to the other games and everyone can immediately see it's a legally purchased game. No one will ever doubt if it's a genuine version or not.
06-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2010-06 Tuesday 22nd, Disturbing details regarding the release of "Amnesia: The Dark - by Linuxuser - 06-26-2010, 07:47 PM