Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands
Striker Offline

Threads: 2
Lightbulb  RE: That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands

On metaphysical and quantum mechanics levels I believe something better than cut and paste is actually possible, we're just too primitive here on earth to be able to do it.

Think of it like an active-active cluster with shared storage. Both of the nodes in the cluster are reading and writing to the same shared storage, so the data is always consistent, even if they are receiving and transmitting information at different rates or points in time.

You can also bring a new node into the cluster live and it will have access to the same consistent set of data.

The only thing I can think of that comes close to the idea is identical twins, who have reported to just "know" when certain things are happening to the other. Again not even close to my active-active idea but best thing I can come up with.

Hire me as Chief Information Architect of Pathos III and I'll get your AI systems up to speed, no gooey structure gel needed lol.

The Many-Worlds, Many-Minds, and quantum decoherence theories touch on the Star Trek transporter idea (also illustrated in Bioshock Infinite):

http://www.thestargarden.co.uk/ManyMinds.html
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 07:02 PM by Striker.)
12-29-2015, 10:25 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: That far in the future and they forget the "Cut" and "Paste" commands - by Striker - 12-29-2015, 10:25 AM