The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I have a couple questions which I would like answered.
Godamit Offline

Threads: 3
I have a couple questions which I would like answered.

Hi there, long time Penumbra fan, first time poster here Smile

Anyway, my questions regard the Beta of Overture, which I recently got my hands on.

First, I noticed that as soon as I gained control over Phillip, that the surroundings were somewhat similar to that of Black Plague, the office type of environment. However, the final game was entirely different, the first room in the retail release was pretty much a cave, which was carried out through the rest of the game until the end (leading to environments in Black Plague). I would like to know what brought about this change (from office areas to the cave mine we know Overture as today).

(Note: I do not have any problems with this, I greatly enjoyed the whole experience within these 2 games, just a little something which made me curious is all)

Second, in the beta, there was a point where you were walking down a corridor when there was a brief moment where the colours changed a bit to red... I read somewhere that this little event would be explained fully in the final release, however as the game changed to being in a cave-mine, we never got to find out. So my second question is, what exactly were the plans for this?

I would greatly appreciate answers to these questions Big Grin
07-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
I have a couple questions which I would like answered. - by Godamit - 07-16-2010, 05:09 AM