Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers]

(01-13-2016, 03:18 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Well, it doesn't take any additional cognition than what it already has. The humans began referring to the ARK as being a last attempt to preserve the human race, so the WAU is simply trying to preserve "humanity". Only its version of humanity isn't actually human. I don't think that machines have consciousness, which I thought that this game was all about pondering. I think that they can be programmed to APPEAR human, but ultimately they're just data and pieces of....

-shortened-

If you torture the robot until he's no longer responding, I think that counts as bad. I think that if you turn the switch back off quickly, they you can say sorry to him.
Also, did you kill the robot at Delta for the chip? ...because there are small robot wrecks lying around that place, that you can probably loot. ...maybe.

But the WAU doesn't think, it just does. It doesn't follow any plans (I think). Having to create a puppet, making it hallucinate, controlling it in order to claim the ARK and launch it doesn't fit the WAU's way of being. Besides, if you were the puppet of the WAU, why would the monsters want to stop you?

I killed the K-8 because it didn't require a pilot to control i.e. it isn't conscious. I don't think you can salvage the damaged robots lying around because that would trivialize the moral choice. However, in my first playthrough I killed the bigger one because I wanted to decrease the amount of suffering. I also deleted the scans, killed the one outside theta, the WAU, everything in that playthrough.

Edit: Relating to Catherine's cortex chip. I guess that could be a possibility, but wouldn't that also include Simon's body aswell?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 05:27 PM by i3670.)
01-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: An even Darker SOMA [ending spoilers] - by i3670 - 01-13-2016, 05:22 PM