Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

One small request; It is not Constantinople it is Istanbul!
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: One small request; It is not Constantinople it is Istanbul!

(09-06-2010, 12:34 PM)acare Wrote: As I said it is Proper noun. Date is now 2010 and game date is not important and it is known as Istanbul. Look at the other games for example; Total War Series, in Medieval: Total War and Empire: Total War city name is Istanbul not Constantinople. Also in Age of Empire Series city name is Istanbul and they all takes places in before 1930. So using Constantinople in game is not a good idea after all. All big publishers and devs are using Istanbul and not looking when the game takes places. Anyway I just wanted to learn Frictional Games can make it Istanbul or not and they made it Constantinople because they don't know Istanbul name or not. Thank you.

So finally a company that does it right, and they get bashed.

I really wouldn't want to play a game that takes place in 1253 and see someone driving by in a Farrari while having a LAN-party, just because it's like that today. (Probably not so often people are having a LAN-party in a Ferrari)

Or a news paper that congratulates Obama 150 years before he becomes president.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: One small request; It is not Constantinople it is Istanbul! - by MulleDK19 - 09-06-2010, 12:40 PM