The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Failure to launch
Sunflower
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Failure to launch
This has been a recurring problem for me. I bought all three Penumbra games on Steam, and they downloaded fine, but when I try to launch them it's like my computer has a seizure. Steam says the game is running, but when I click on the window the screen flashes black and the window won't stay open (the sound works fine though, and I can hear the intro and load screen music). I have to force it to shut down with the task manager. Other times, however, the game has loaded fine and I was actually able to get more than halfway through Penumbra: Black Plague. This is confusing me because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the continuous crashing.

I already updated my drivers, verified the game cache (it found over 100 bad files on Penumbra: Black Plague), disabled Steam Overlay, and uninstalled and reinstalled the games. This happens with the other two Penumbra games as well as Amnesia: The Dark Descent, so I think I just have a problem with Frictional Games in general. Is there anything that can be done about it, or should I request a refund?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.11 KB / Downloads: 129)
02-15-2016, 01:33 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Failure to launch - by Sunflower - 02-15-2016, 01:33 AM
RE: Failure to launch - by plutomaniac - 02-16-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: Failure to launch - by Sunflower - 02-21-2016, 12:46 AM