The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

!! The Inspiration of Amnesia !!
RedFaust Offline

Threads: 1
!! The Inspiration of Amnesia !!

I've started this game , and like penumbra , i did have the feelings that the main inspiration of frictional's games were from novels ... Unlike for example , its clearly comes from some movies. I mean of course the novels of Lovecraft.

But on that new game i did have the feeling that theres also something from Gustav Myeyrink. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Meyrink

This guy is an european writer, he developped a lot in his novels the encounter of occidental and middle east cultures. Most of its novel took place in Pragua, that symbolized this link. Its very esoteric and its like a kind of european lovecraft. I can add that on some moments when ive read this guy i did have the same feeling as in amnesia / penumbra. Frightening Tongue

I guessed theres also something of edgar allan poe... or if you have any suggestion of good "lovecraft-like" to read i would be happy . Lets talk about that :p.
Ive found something else on wiki :

"The Lovecraftian world has also made its mark on gaming. The board game, Arkham Horror, is in its fourth edition and a steady stream of expansions 22 years since its initial release. Chaosium first made its mark as a publisher of games based on Lovecraft's Mythos. Several horror adventure games are influenced hevaily by Lovecraft such as the Alone in the Dark, Chzo Mythos, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened and the Penumbra series. Blizzard's World of Warcraft has several references to Lovecraft, such as the boss Dextren Ward and the boss Yogg-Saron. " The first-person shooter Quake also references Lovecraft - even having a boss called the Shub-Niggurath. Also, whilst not always Lovecraft based at their essence, references to his work are common in other games such as Fallout 3, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Blood."

The fact that wow has something of lovecraft. God damn i didnt expected that, poor lovecraft Confused.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2010, 12:17 PM by RedFaust.)
09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
!! The Inspiration of Amnesia !! - by RedFaust - 09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
RE: !! The Inspiration of Amnesia !! - by Yuhaney - 09-09-2010, 12:23 PM
RE: !! The Inspiration of Amnesia !! - by Thomas - 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
RE: !! The Inspiration of Amnesia !! - by wrath - 09-10-2010, 10:19 AM
RE: !! The Inspiration of Amnesia !! - by kea - 09-10-2010, 10:31 AM