Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Regarding Fiend and Energetic
BeholdMyGlory Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Regarding Fiend and Energetic

Status update, for those who are interested: Both Fiend and the map editor now compiles. Fiend seems to be working nicely so far, though I haven't gotten the sound system working yet. Saving doesn't work. There are some problems with loading maps because of the maps using \ as a directory separator, whereas on Linux / is the correct directory separator. I assume this can be fixed using the map editor, however while the editor does compile, it exits quickly because it's unable to load a sound file (again, because I haven't gotten the sound system working). I've edited some of the binary map files, though, to replace \ with /, and with the maps I've tested it seems to be working well. Also, there is a graphical bug where blue scan lines appear for some reason, most notably in the mine.

So... Yeah, as soon as I get the FMOD sound system working (or, better yet, replace FMOD with an open source sound library) we should be veeery close to getting Fiend and the map editor working properly on Linux.
09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Regarding Fiend and Energetic - by BeholdMyGlory - 09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
RE: Regarding Fiend and Energetic - by Thomas - 09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
RE: Regarding Fiend and Energetic - by graykin - 09-09-2010, 05:09 PM
RE: Regarding Fiend and Energetic - by Thomas - 09-09-2010, 08:32 PM
RE: Regarding Fiend and Energetic - by Thomas - 09-10-2010, 07:54 PM
RE: Regarding Fiend and Energetic - by BeholdMyGlory - 09-12-2010, 02:27 PM