The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Window keeps minimizing after I start game, and a friend's lag/sound issue
Nauticus89 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Window keeps minimizing after I start game, and a friend's lag/sound issue

This happens with Penumbra as well. After launching the game in Steam, the game minimizes immediately and my mouse is stuck in the top left corner of my screen. When I alt+tab to the Amnesia window, it quickly closes again. I have to close the game with ctrl+alt+delete to regain control of my mouse. My video card is a GTX 260, updated to latest drivers, running the latest DirectX. I had this problem using older drivers, so I upgraded but it's still happening. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32. The fact that this occurs with both Penumbra and Amnesia suggests there is a problem with the engine. Also, this happens randomly - sometimes it opens fine, but when it does not, it usually persists until I restart or give up for a while.

My friends problem, as described by him:

Quote:In first level containing water (which is in the demo as well), the game starts to lag horribly while the sound cuts out erratically. After several restarts, and settings tweaking, the problem still exists. Normally the lag and sound issue will be present upon the main menu loading after encountering the water monster Also, the firewire light on my audio interface blinks when the sound is cutting out, suggesting that it might be conflicting with my software/hardware.

To clarify, his game has been fine up to that point.
09-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Window keeps minimizing after I start game, and a friend's lag/sound issue - by Nauticus89 - 09-09-2010, 10:55 PM