Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could you please make the Level Editor pack all sound/custom content into 1 file?
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Could you please make the Level Editor pack all sound/custom content into 1 file?

(09-11-2010, 10:46 PM)placeboing Wrote: Hello. I love your game, and the level editor looks great. I have never done much level creation aside from some very basic L4D levels. I hope to spend more time with the Amnesia editor.

What I wanted to request is, could you please make it so that we can create custom music / sounds for our levels, and have them be saved with the levels we create? Basically, I want people installing my level to only have to do ONE thing: either copy files to one folder, or run a level-installer that the editor would generate on export.

The reason I am requesting this is that I am primarily a musician. The whole reason I want to create fun levels is so that I could also create music for my levels. I know that L4D had a very annoying installation process if you included custom content - users even had to run "rebuildsoundcache" or whatever in order to get our custom sounds to work correctly.

Just a thought. Really great game!

You can. You can make anything that's in the original game. Maps, sound, music, models. Even commentaries.

You put it all in a folder in the custom_stories folder.

Here's an example of my current layout:

Quote:\custom_stories\Morten1\custom_story_settings.cfg
\custom_stories\Morten1\story.png

\custom_stories\Morten1\commentary\
\custom_stories\Morten1\commentary\00_morten_introduction.ogg
\custom_stories\Morten1\commentary\00_morten_introduction.comment

\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\
\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\ch01\00_daniels_room.hps
\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\ch01\00_daniels_room_servant_grunt.nodes
\custom_stories\Morten1\maps\ch01\00_daniels_room.map

People only need to place Morten1 in the custom_stories folder, then start the game, choose "Custom Story", and voilá.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could you please make the Level Editor pack all sound/custom content into 1 file? - by MulleDK19 - 09-11-2010, 11:06 PM