Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dynamic Shadows?
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Dynamic Shadows?

nonono, i have watched the disposition of dynamic shadows, its scripted,
its not about lightning, its totally independant.

For example, you have a light source, and after, the programer will choose to add a dynamic shadow with it, or not.

Its not a "yes/no" dynamic shadow activation.
Its added later. after set the light.

U understand ?

its not dynamic at all, its scripted. the light is independant of the dynamic shadow,

to sum things up, if you want to have dynamic shadows from all lights, you have to reprogram all lights with a dynamic shadow, not to set a "all lights are dynamic" script at "1" or a shit like that.

If you prefer, I think its clearer like that : dynamic shadows are added in the final step of level design, they are "added" at some places, its only scripted.

Sorry i said the same things 3 times ^^
So, if FG want to make a full dynamic shadows update, they will have to manage ALL light sources, who will represents a lot of work.

Its not about : "we will set this level to the maximum quality because not everybody can run it"

but more about : "we made a choice : dynamic shadows will be scripted, and added only at some places, because the engine is too old to support a full dynamic shadows system/because some places have a better rendering with lights who are not dynamic (like big places)"

or maybe thats for the both reasons ^^
for example, to have a good rendering on big places, if you use a full dynamic shadows system, you will have to put an indirect lightning system in the engine of the game or some shit like that.
or adding a lot of other light souces, dynamic too, who will make the engine unstable I think...

I think the true thing you want is : more "dynamic shadows" set in the game

because I think make a full dynamic shadows system with the HPL engine will be really too unstable...
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2010, 07:38 PM by Deu sex.)
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Dynamic Shadows? - by Craig - 09-14-2010, 08:38 AM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by MulleDK19 - 09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by Craig - 09-14-2010, 06:59 PM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by Deu sex - 09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by Deu sex - 09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by CHANCEPHOENIX - 09-14-2010, 08:55 PM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by Deu sex - 09-14-2010, 11:12 PM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by Mina Darsh - 09-14-2010, 11:04 PM
RE: Dynamic Shadows? - by Craig - 09-15-2010, 03:24 AM