The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
level editor compound object disappearing bug
sTiKy Offline

Threads: 1
Exclamation  level editor compound object disappearing bug

This error has happened to me twice so far but unfortunately I wasn't paying complete attention either time, so I can't explain the exact circumstances for reproducing the bug. Hopefully someone else has encountered the same problem and can help shed some light on its cause.

Upon completing a rather complex level piece (a collection of static objects, primitives and particle effects) I have the tendency to group all the objects into a compound object to duplicate, rotate, etc. as I need. This error occurs when I have separated these collections to work on a specific element. All the objects that were previously in the collection disappear from the view-port, but still show up in the browse groups menu. I try to press undo, hoping that the objects would appear again in their original position, unfortunately they stay hidden.

Believing that this could just be a rendering error I save, close and re-open the editor only to find that all the objects have collapsed in on themselves at one specific point, all having the same scale and rotation.

[Image: collapsedmass.jpg]

This is most likely due to me using the editor in some odd way it wasn't meant to, I'd like to point out that on some parts I was using non-standard rotation and scaling to get things to fit together perfectly.
Anyway I thought I'd just post this in case anyone else had encountered similar problems.
09-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
level editor compound object disappearing bug - by sTiKy - 09-19-2010, 04:50 AM