Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Moving mouse in Penumbra in OSX - can't
MTMabowels Offline

Threads: 0
Not Solved RE: Moving mouse in Penumbra in OSX - can't
(05-20-2016, 05:10 PM)Mudbill Wrote: The games are old and your OS is new. There are bound to be incompatibilities/issues. Admittedly, FG has not been very active around here lately, but considering how old the games are, I wouldn't be surprised if they were unsupported by now.

PS: I just tested it myself and Penumbra Overture works fine for me without any mouse issues on OS X 10.8. Most likely the issue is the newer OS and the fact that the game was never updated to support it. I'm using a USB mouse though, so I guess it's worth checking that it's not the Apple Magic Mouse that is the problem, if you're using that?

Greetings.

I am new to this game, having only just bought the "Penumbra Collection" in last week or two. So I have assumed it must still be supported.

The game (Penumbra: Overture) started off okay. I'm now in the mining area (with the angry dog) and I'm having the same trouble with the mouse movement as the original poster. In fact, to place an inventory item into one of the numbered slots at the top of the screen, I have to drag the mouse to the bottom of the screen first, otherwise I can't get the cursor into the top quarter of the screen at all. I started experiencing these problems when I got to the snowy Greenland scenes and had to enter the mine before freezing to death.

I also find that I have to keep dragging to the left multiples of times and often I still can't get the view to turn left. Right seems to be okay. It's a real pig when trying to, say, sneak past the said angry dog.

I have also tried to play the game with my old USB Mighty Mouse and the problem was the same. I bought my iMac (Mac OS 10.11.6) on 15 June 2016 - in case it it relevant.

Just curious, but I wonder if the original poster has tried the other games in this series to see if they also have this issue?
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2016, 07:20 PM by MTMabowels.)
07-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Moving mouse in Penumbra in OSX - can't - by Pat - 05-07-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: Moving mouse in Penumbra in OSX - can't - by Pat - 05-19-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Moving mouse in Penumbra in OSX - can't - by MTMabowels - 07-30-2016, 06:52 PM
RE: Moving mouse in Penumbra in OSX - can't - by Genève gil - 05-28-2017, 03:51 PM