The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unscripted Scares (minor spoilers)
ShaggE Offline

Threads: 2
Unscripted Scares (minor spoilers)

First off, this is the single best horror game I've ever played, and I've played a large majority of them. Silent Hill and Fatal Frame used to be the kings for me, but Frictional's games blow the others out of the water.

That said, I'm curious to see if anybody else had any heartstopping moments in Amnesia (or Penumbra, for that matter) that clearly weren't scripted.

I've had two across the two games so far.

Penumbra: Black Plague: I had hidden behind a desk from a monster that was searching the room. A couple minutes pass, and I no longer hear the monster, so I peek over the desk... and the damn thing is an inch from my face, staring right at me! I literally leaped from my chair and threw my mouse. Until Amnesia, that was the crowning moment of fear in games for me.

Amnesia: The prison. Oh man, the prison. I'm walking about aimlessly, when suddenly I get an urge to run and hide. I pick a random cell to barricade myself in. After I block off the doorway, I turn around to see if there are any tinderboxes. Guess what was standing right behind me the whole time? I was so paralyzed by the shock that I just let it kill me. My hands did not stop shaking until the next morning.

Anyone have any similar anecdotes?
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Unscripted Scares (minor spoilers) - by ShaggE - 09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
RE: Unscripted Scares (minor spoilers) - by Jinix - 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
RE: Unscripted Scares (minor spoilers) - by Viter - 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM