Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Ideas for future games (open mail)
dbfuru Offline

Threads: 1
RE: New Ideas for future games (open mail)

I agree that being able to see the body from a first person perspective would be pretty cool, being able to see your limbs shaking and wounds based on HP left.

I'm not sure about animations, though. I would just get bored of watching the same 'light candle' animation over and over, and I don't personally feel you need to see each item be picked up and put in a backpack. And then I suppose it would cost time and money to create and implement those animations.

Hiding places are fun, I like how there aren't strict hiding places, and if you're lucky you can get away with crouching behind a statue or something. Being able to lie and crawl would be interesting though.

I would also like more notes. I just can't get enough of them on my first play through, I'm so happy for a little break from the tension and to read up on some background information or just plot progression.

I'm unsure about the health thing, though. I also had a large stock of Laudanum, but even when I was being chased I never really used it, I only used it in the rare occasion I was hit but managed to somehow escape. If there were too many monsters around I don't think the game would have the same feel.

I also agree with the puzzles, they are not too difficult that you have to really deeply think about them, but they get you thinking and looking around, just enough not to break the tension. In Amnesia they felt rewarding when completed and fun.

I'm not sure how secret areas would be implemented, maybe extra notes and reading material could be found, giving the player some more background information and maybe a flask of oil and some tinderboxes. I found myself lacking tinderboxes for quite a lot of the game, whilst I don't want masses of them, a few more wouldn't have gone wrong.
09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New Ideas for future games (open mail) - by ruzen - 09-29-2010, 11:43 AM
RE: New Ideas for future games (open mail) - by dbfuru - 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM