Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

HPL Sound Test (Windows)
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10
RE: HPL Sound Test (Windows)

I'm not much of an audiophile or any thing but here is my answers
cheers

0. Overall questions
---------------------
Q0.1. What are your computer specs? Please include Graphics card, Sound card and speaker setup (Hardware and configuration, ie: 5.1 configured at 2.1 output), and DirectX versions too. This all can be checked by running 'dxdiag' (Start Menu -> Run -> dxdiag)
Nvidia 7800gt, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4, 5.1 speaker setup running 5.1 output, DX9.0c
and i think cpu and ram is kinda important AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+, 1 Gb of ram

Q0.2. Have you tried some other games which use OpenAL? And how did they perform?
Well have had Quake 4 that used it and it ran fine but i didn't have this sound set up back then and was using on board then but i gave the copy back to my friend once i finished it so now i have no idea how it would run
Q0.3. Did the test run on your computer? If not, please write down any error messages you got.
yes it ran good
Q0.4. Did it play sound throughout the tests at all?
yes
Q0.5. Did you notice any glitches/strange noises in any of the tests?
no glitches or any thing  strange happened

1. Positional Audio Test Questions
------------------------------------
Q1.1. When any of the moving sources are playing, are they panning correctly?
yep all worked good
Q1.2. Source 1 gets close and away from the you while it floats around, this should be noticed by changes in the sound volume when playing. Is this working this way for you?
yes it was subtle but was there
Q1.3. When Source 2 is playing, the SubWoofer should play too, independently of the Source position. Is this working correctly for you?
yep absolutely :D
Q1.4. The ambient sound should play through all the speakers, no matter where you are looking at. Does this work OK?
The front center speaker didn't play it but all other one's is working

2. GUI Sound Test Questions
-----------------------------
Q2.1. The GUI Sound should come from the front speakers only. Does this work Correctly for you? If not, explain how it is doing.
rear l/r  and front l/r and sub played it but center speaker was not working
Q2.2. Try pressing the "Play Sample" button quickly several times. Does this produce any glitches in the output?
it mad my shelf rattle *sniggers*

3. Stream Test Questions
--------------------------
Q3.1. Did the stream play correctly? From which speakers did the output come?
all but sub but i don't think the sub needed to be used
12-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
HPL Sound Test (Windows) - by Luis - 12-29-2006, 11:18 AM