Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Box shot?
Unregistered

RE: Box shot?

Too red, I think. I like the old wallpaper of Phillip (your character, if I recall correctly) approaching the Greenland outpost door.

But as nice as that looks, it's too "soft". It's very light-blue and has no hardness to it, but if something could be done to feature the portal to the outpost, make it stand out somehow and be as forboding as it really is once you step inside I think it would be very effective and a real eye-grabber on shelves.

Spend some $$ on the cover art. Get lots of samples. Promotion is everything in the game biz.

Show them to us, and let us vote. Then ignore our votes, get a pro marketer in, and go from there.

Penumbra: Overture will *have* to stand out against all the other games on the shelves, but the "red" box is just too much. It's too overdone, and doesn't look at all characteristic of the game (or what I've seen of it from the original demo).

Find a way artistically to "scarify" and emphasize the utter isolation and feeling of the unknown in all that beautiful Arctic ice and snow.

The tension created between sheer horror and the boundless frozen tundra beauty could be stunning.

Heck, run it by me. The best way is tell is to use your feelings - how you feel when looking at it. Where does your imagination take you when seeing for the first time, for example. It should scare the crap out of the potential game purchaser - but only by using the viewers' own imagination of how scary this game could (and will) be.

And stop showing all the monsters. They are spoiling the game too much.

I am SO pleased you are keeping it an Adventure game. That's what made it so scary in the first place.
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM

Messages In This Thread
Box shot? - by Rowedekhelicon - 01-11-2007, 12:37 PM