The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Naming my campaign and its protagonist
NewPueblo Offline

Threads: 2
Naming my campaign and its protagonist

I'm creating a campaign based around the event's before SOMA, and I'd be appreciative if I could get some good ideas for the name of it. I'd also like if I could get some ideas about my story's protagonist, preferable a name, gender, and other basic stuff like that.

The Backstory

The date is November 7th, 2101. The Norma Space Station (NSS), created years prior, is tasked with crippling the incoming comet Telos, and preventing an impact event. Earth's government gives all the necessary resources to Norma's Research and Development team in order to construct a destructive apparatus to deal with the situation.

The protagonist of this story is an astute and intelligent scientist, and actually the lead developer of the Telos Project. Shortly after the date mentioned before, the protagonist boards the NSS to aid the R&S team. The protagonist stays abroad the station for about a year's time, helping where he/she can. Eventually at a much later date, but before the impending January 12, 2103 (the day of the impact, as stated in SOMA), the device is built, and humanity is restless, awaiting for the comet to find its position within reach of the NSS.

When the comet is finally positioned, just before new year's 2103, the device locks onto Telos, and is ready to fire. Unfortunately, the event suffers from severe repercussions, as the Norma Space Station is devastated, and it's power is almost completely wiped. The comet Telos further proceeds towards its destination.

The Gamestory

The player wakes up in the NSS, the lights flickering, with tremors running throughout the station. How the player is alive, or where he/she is will remain unknown until the release of this campaign. I have a lot more planned for the actual story; including a meaningful ending that will provide more for the player than simple death, or a reveal that you could see coming from a mile away (most Amnesia custom stories).

If you want to contribute any other ideas your free to post them here. When I publish my story, if I include your idea or concept, then your username will be right beside it.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 12:47 AM by NewPueblo.)
07-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Naming my campaign and its protagonist - by NewPueblo - 07-06-2016, 12:43 AM