The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
People can edit levels TOGETHER LIVE!
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
Shocked  People can edit levels TOGETHER LIVE!

"Level editor multi user test" found in 'secret' folder:
[Image: ucszIu0.png]

From this image's title, I was raving that HPL3 supports cooperative editing. Now I have proof:

In SOMA's .hpms files you can see the names of FG's crew inside the maps. This lead to a huge kerfuffle when the Level Editors would crash when loading the Akers level and the MS Curie level. TheTieMan discovered that the names locked off modders to these levels and after we deleted them we could have access to the levels.

I thought that it was a security measure at first but then it clicked with the above picture in the 'secret' folder! Exclamation

This has yet to be tested but with the proof seen I say it will be very likely that something like this would be possible. Can you guys think of the possibilities with something like this? Getting mods out at 2x the speed and working more smoothly on collaboration mods for SOMA.

If someone is willing to cooperate with fellow modders or if anyone has two PC's then we can finally shut this case for good! Thanks! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2016, 04:43 PM by A.M Team.)
07-16-2016, 04:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
People can edit levels TOGETHER LIVE! - by A.M Team - 07-16-2016, 04:42 PM