Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weren't the crew already doomed before WAU
wtcelesta Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Weren't the crew already doomed before WAU

(08-14-2016, 10:48 AM)Abion47 Wrote: the WAU went a step further and started corrupting, capturing, and killing people.

I think that WAU was doing it because it thought it was saving people. Since it would think that it (WAU) is a superior form of being, WAU was trying to save the humanity by converting ("enhancing") people into cyborgs. It can even be said that it succeeded to a certain extent, because cyborgs outlived the humans, but without a purpose - none of them is conscious enough to actually attempt to fix the stations and ensure its long-term survival.

I was thinking, however, that it would make a great idea for a sequel, for Simon that stayed on Earth (or even two Simons, since there are at least two of them) to team up with WAU to try to survive. Some of the game theories support this possibility, especially the theory that Simon was brought to life and assisted by WAU all the way through as the first conscious cyborg creature that WAU was able to create. If WAU could replicate this success further, it could with Simon's help create many more conscious cyborgs that would essentially feel like reincarnations of the original crew, knowing what to do to possibly fix the power station etc. It's a long stretch of imagination given the physical state of several stations, but on the positive, it's not clear what cyborgs need for survival - probably no food, based on Simon's behavior.

What would be the purpose of their attempt to survive? Possibly, to look for any other survivors on Earth - I don't buy that there was absolutely no one else who made it, there gotta be submarines and possibly other subwater stations, even though a year is a really long time to survive in their circumstances. Possibly, to try to restore the humanity through genetic replication - that's a huge task, but what if WAU had all the time in the world to try? Lots of questions - how to get to the surface, for one. But they built the Ark, so who knows what other amazing things they can come up with.

Lots of speculation, but you can see I just really loved the story and would love to see sequels...
08-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weren't the crew already doomed before WAU - by wtcelesta - 08-15-2016, 03:48 PM