The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions!
Shanodin Offline

Threads: 1
Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions!

So recently cleared the game with my friend and it was amazing.Couldn't do it alone because it was simply too scary, which is only positive. The fact that you couldn't fight the monsters made the horror that much more horrific Smile

Frictional games, you have pulled off a masterpiece, and everyone I have suggested the game to agrees. However I believe there are a few things that could be used to improve your next game if there is going to be one.

1.) More variation in enemy types, behavior, animation and models.

2.) Even more variation in sounds. (not that there is much room for improvement in this area, because the way the game sounds is already stunning.)

*Minor spoiler below*

3). More things that your sanity has an effect on. Take for example the painting of Alexander that changes depending on your current sanity. These things are truly awsome.

*End of spoiler*

4.) More inventory management and a few more permanent tools would only add to things.

5.) Character progression? Maybe a some sort of point system to spend on slight improvements on your character. Examples:

- slightly increased movement
- ability to bash or pick locked doors open to some extent.
- Heightened senses
- Lore or language. If there were books or notes written in different language.
- improved sanity management

The goal would be not to make the game too easy but to add choices and
immersion.

6.) This one is tricky but I think would add to the horror. An optional choice for the player to put on a special filter that disables the usage of TAB, escape buttons for 2 - 5 seconds after an enemy appears on the players screen. Too often I would find my friend or myself panic and press esc instead of running away which breaks the immersion. To weaklings like us this would be a cool feature Rolleyes

Thats all. Thanks devs for making this piece of art. Share thoughts and stuff. Cya.
10-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Fantastic horror experience + some suggestions! - by Shanodin - 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM