The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs, bugs, bugs?
thomawa
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 8 Months, 1 Week ago Bugs, bugs, bugs?
So, I just posted about my controller not working properly. Started playing the game a bit with the mouse alongside the half working controller. Five minutes into the game, I get stuck outside the doctor's office. Quick Google search reveals a video of a guy getting stuck in the exact same place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oy7l4iTkNU

The video is from September 2015. A guy commented in the thread that he brought this bug to the attention of the developers several months earlier, and nothing was done. Clearly, that is still the case.

Searching some more, there are quite a lot of reports of various bugs, players getting stuck all over the place. So, what's the deal with this game? Is it really this buggy? Should I just get a refund now? I got the game as part of the most recent Humble Bundle, but as I suspect this is one of the "main" games of this month's bundle, I'd rather just cancel the whole thing if I can't get SOMA to work properly. It's a shame too, 'cause I was really looking forward to play it. Sad thing when good games are ruined by buggy coding.

For the record, most of my games never show any bugs ever, and no game has ever been close to having as many bugs as this. I have a pretty solid PC, running Windows 10 on an Intel i7 processor, GTX 970 GPU, 32 GB RAM, and all components matched to not cause problems... which they hardly ever do. Frictional Games... I am pointing my finger at you.
08-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Bugs, bugs, bugs? - by thomawa - 08-11-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: Bugs, bugs, bugs? - by Romulator - 08-12-2016, 04:38 AM
RE: Bugs, bugs, bugs? - by thomawa - 08-14-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: Bugs, bugs, bugs? - by Mudbill - 08-15-2016, 07:14 AM
RE: Bugs, bugs, bugs? - by Romulator - 08-15-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Bugs, bugs, bugs? - by thomawa - 08-16-2016, 05:09 AM
RE: Bugs, bugs, bugs? - by Romulator - 08-16-2016, 06:08 AM