Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC hard crashing on load and while playing
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 7 Years, 3 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: PC hard crashing on load and while playing
(01-01-2017, 05:03 PM)Danteska Wrote: I fixed it. It's weird that I even came up with this idea because I had already tried it, but hey, I fixed it. Played for 3+ hours to make sure, so I thought I'd leave the solution here in case it happens to anyone else sometime.

I have two GPU monitorization/overclock utilities: MSI Afterburner and Sapphire TRIXX. For some reason, if I try to disable any overclocking I have through TRIXX, it won't apply, I'll have to do this through Afterburner and through TRIXX. But I didn't realize that because I had any monitorization in-game disabled just in case that was the issue. All I had to do was lower the overclocking a bit in both of them (from 1125/1600 to 1050/1350, default values being 950/1250).

It's also weird because as this game caps the fps to 60, it doesn't use my GPU at 100%, so it's not overheating nor anything, and I daily play other demanding games like The Witcher 3 and in 60 hours of playtime I've never had that problem. IMO the issue was more related to too high voltage and amperage when loading new zones, but just in this game...

Huh - well, arguably SOMA is not specifically designed to be overclocked or run with overclocking settings, so I am glad you got it solved and have been able to play the game a little more! Smile It's also arguable that SOMA isn't optimized for every computer set up, hence why the Tech Support forum exists.

I'll look into adding some of this information into the Troubleshooting Guide, since, if others are having similar issues, it would give us another method to attempt.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but if you have any other issues, please feel free to post and we'll see what we can do!

Closing thread as you have specified the issue has been fixed. Please feel free to send me a PM if you would like this thread reopened. Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
PC hard crashing on load and while playing - by Danteska - 12-25-2016, 04:41 AM
RE: PC hard crashing on load and while playing - by Danteska - 12-26-2016, 02:32 AM
RE: PC hard crashing on load and while playing - by Romulator - 01-01-2017, 05:54 PM