Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10
RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent

(02-23-2017, 07:25 PM)Slanderous Wrote: I actually kinda like the overall idea behind this, though I'd also add something for the coins so that they wouldn't be pointless to collect. In the original game, they planned to have chests scattered across the levels that'd be only openable if the player has a certain amount of coins. You can still get this mechanic to work - I believe I have those bonus chest entities, so if you'd like to use them, contact me.

Although I do agree with the previous posters - you might want to upgrade your rig or at least run the game in a lesser resolution. It is truly painful to watch those videos in like 5 frames per second.

Thanks for the advice for optimizing my frames. Also, i had been looking around the super secret folder and reading some concepts. The coins weren't only used to open chests, but to open some doors and trade with specific NPCs. Here is this specific text about the other coin possibilities.

Coins are the main item found when exploring the environment and can be found in nearly all
containers and compartments. They come in various value sizes and can be used to unlock doors, by
bribing characters, or to open special treasure chests that require a certain amount of coins (varies
from object to object). The doors unlocked might lead to secret areas and enable the player to
progress without completing some missions. Treasure chests contain player resources and some
times puzzle items and are meant to give the player a boost. Only in very rare cases is a coin-locked
chest or door compulsory to open.

So that is it. Also i would like to get the locked chest mechanic to work. I am the only one working in this mod, but i think i can handle anything (Note: I'm NOT gonna make weapons. I don't have the skills Undecided ). You can contact me, but only through email though. I don't have Skype or anything. So please, contact me and teach me or at least give me an entity or script to get this working. Smile

(02-23-2017, 07:49 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You can use global variables to make sure that those events do not happen multiple times.

Ok. I will try my best. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017, 10:34 PM by zionifl.)
02-23-2017, 10:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent - by zionifl - 02-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Developement Updates! - by zionifl - 02-20-2017, 10:45 PM
RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent - by zionifl - 02-23-2017, 10:33 PM
Some answers - by zionifl - 03-05-2017, 09:51 PM