Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10
RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent

(03-06-2017, 12:57 AM)Romulator Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 09:51 PM)DanielMandus123 Wrote: 1. This mod is NOT an total conversion or an custom story. Imagine an custom lantern mod. So, this project is like that so it will overwrite you ENTIRE game, so make a backup of your game BEFORE installing this modification.

Please don't do this. Editing the vanilla game itself is never a good idea. Make it into a Total Conversion Mod. Your mod will use configurations you define and doesn't interfere with the base installation. If you screw something up which renders the vanilla game unplayable, then the user needs to reinstall the whole game. Having a user backup their entire game directory is a slow, unnecessary process, especially for lower end PCs and harddrives with limited capacity.

Quote:3. Its an little help. You probabily watched the Alpha Footage from the Super Secret file, right? So, in this footage there are three specific mechanics/effects:

2: A completion percentage. Before, a percentage showing the status of the level appeared when you completed some quests and when you picked up items. But that was removed from the final game. The level doors have the option to show the percentage, but the option is disabled. (It has a (NOT IN USE) on the end of the description)

From what you have explained, you have to append each individual percentage amount to the entries in the lang and create new script variables which reference this. Believe me, it's not worth the trouble. Your lang file ends up with unneeded entries per Level Door.

PHP Code: (Select All)
<CATEGORY Name="LevelDoors">
     <
Entry Name="archives_old_0">Old Archives (0%)</Entry>
     <
Entry Name="archives_old_1">Old Archives (1%)</Entry>

// ...

<Entry Name="archives_old_100">Old Archives (100%)</Entry>
</
CATEGORY

Quote:4: This mod will come with an modified custom story. It is an known custom story about escaping. The creator's name begins with H and ends with I, but it is an very small name. The custom story will work ONLY with the UNKNOWN Descent mod.

I hope you have permission for that. Again, just make a Total Conversion, and add a custom_stories directory which uses your configuration files. Everything you've spoken about so far can be accomplished in a Total Conversion if the engine does allow it.

Thanks for the help. Now i will try to make an total conversion to prevent damages.
03-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent - by zionifl - 02-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Developement Updates! - by zionifl - 02-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Some answers - by zionifl - 03-05-2017, 09:51 PM
RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent - by zionifl - 03-06-2017, 10:15 PM