Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Soma the best written game ever? I'll avoid spoilers.
Hotzenplotz Offline
Googolplex

Threads: 3
RE: Is Soma the best written game ever? I'll avoid spoilers.

SOMA is not the best written game ever, but it's the best (I would say perfect) written narrative of the horror genre. There are only very few games of other genres that were designed with such qualities.

But to talk about the horror genre, I think "Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs", "The Cat Lady" and the first "Silent Hill" were also as well designed like SOMA in their narratives. I just think the emotional impact of SOMA was not powerful enough. "Silent Hill" is much stronger here and even movies like "Schindler's List" or "The Pianist". Even "Interstellar" was such a great experience with its musical score. SOMA doesn't have any music except the credits theme and it's not always nice to have music, but compared to the great Amnesia memories in the Back Hall I really missed something in SOMA.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017, 07:16 PM by Hotzenplotz.)
02-24-2017, 06:49 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Soma the best written game ever? I'll avoid spoilers. - by Hotzenplotz - 02-24-2017, 06:49 PM