Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write
(02-01-2018, 09:25 PM)shotbybothsides Wrote: I am very grateful for your help

The link to MS Windows 10 Controlled Folder Access made me think about whether BitDefender was blocking access with its similar "ransomware" module where certain folders are protected. It was indeed blocking. What I don't understand (yet) is what determines BitDefender to record a folder as protected as I have never manually added any folders. But there are at least two ways to get around the issue:
1) Remove the documents folder from the BitDefender Protected List or
2) Tell BitDefender to allow the game/application to write to the folder

Once again your help did result in pinpointing the issue, so thanks hugely

No problem at all! It was a bit of a stab in the dark for me since this is the first time I've personally come across this issue, but I am glad we managed to find the cause of the issue without too many dramas!

I'll add BitDefender to the list of programs under A4 of the Troubleshooting Guide, just as a precaution in case others experience a similar issue.

I hope you enjoy the games! I'll close this thread for now, but if you need any further support, please feel free to ask Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-02-2018, 01:58 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write - by shotbybothsides - 01-27-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write - by shotbybothsides - 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write - by shotbybothsides - 02-01-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: Both Amnesia Games Crash When Trying to Write - by Romulator - 02-02-2018, 01:58 AM