The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse movement creating stuttering
Tom022 Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Mouse movement creating stuttering

Hello.

I bought this game via GOG and have talked to their support about this issue. They referred me here.

So I've had this game in my library for a while. Everytime I wanted to start playing this game I ran into this issue. I tried to fix it myself but I couldn't get it fixed, which made me lose interest. I reset and reinstall Windows often as well as reinstall drivers.

So when I get into Simon's apartment the is FPS at 144-360. When I use the movement keys, the FPS seems to be as the counter claims. But as soon as I move the aim with my mouse, it stutters which makes it seem like the FPS is more around 30-45.

However, when I use a controller there's absolutely no issue. I don't mind using a controller that much, tough I'd much rather prefer to use KB/M.

With the GOG support, I have tried the following.

Installing June 2010 DirectX, DirectX Web and reinstalling the game.
Set my anti-virus program to exclude GOG and Soma.
Disconnecting all HID devices except KB/M.
Run the game and GOG in admin mode(also tried in comp mode with W7 and W8).
In game settings, test different settings with refresh rate, resolution and V-sync.
Downloaded a Default_user_settings.cfg(that they provided) and replaced the existing one. As well as changing the <Engine LimitFPS="false" /> to true.
In the Nvidia control panel. Change the refresh rate of my monitor as well as force V-sync for the Soma.exe.
16GB(2x 8GB sticks) 2133MHz DDR4
144 Hz monitor at 2560x1440

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 12.97 KB / Downloads: 123)
03-23-2018, 05:45 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Mouse movement creating stuttering - by Tom022 - 03-23-2018, 05:45 PM
RE: Mouse movement creating stuttering - by nebej - 03-26-2018, 11:50 AM
RE: Mouse movement creating stuttering - by nebej - 03-28-2018, 02:56 PM