Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Use Hardware Audio Option Resets itself
mattvintak Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved RE: Use Hardware Audio Option Resets itself

I'm sorry for the late ansering, kirakatve.

Quote:The issue could be that your computer fails to save the config file because the game doesn't have the right permissions. Could you try running it as an administrator?

Done. It didn't work. The problem persists.

Quote:Otherwise you can go to the following path (or whatever you have set for Steam/GOG/HB):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Penumbra Overture\redist\config
-> default_settings.cfg

You can probably adjust the following setting:
<Sound Volume="1.000000" UseSoundHardware="false" MaxSoundChannels="32" StreamUpdateFreq="10" UseThreading="true" MaxMonoChannelsHint="0" MaxStereoChannelsHint="0" />

What I did was modified both that file you suggested, the default_settings.cfg, and the settings.cfg in my documents, modifying the UseSoundHardware=true. I also, running the game as administrator, tried to configure the sound from inside the game, but it keeps resetting. What I did to run the game as an administrator was to run Penumbra.exe as administrator, but the problem persists. Anything else you could suggest?
09-06-2018, 07:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Use Hardware Audio Option Resets itself - by mattvintak - 09-06-2018, 07:30 AM