Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Announcement Amnesia "One Week" Event!
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Amnesia "One Week" Event!

(11-14-2018, 06:31 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Sounds fun! Glad to see there's still some activity around here. lol
Will the contest entries be judged in any way and will there be a winner? If so, what are the judging criteria?

From what I understand, there is a community fuelled voting system, as the voting for the "best" map can be done so on strawpoll once the maps are collected and made available as a joined project. That said, I don't believe there any criterion except the ones in the rules, and the three people running the contest will weed out those which violate the criteria.

Assuming the strawpoll is made for public vote, I'm guessing the actual judging is purely on user preference and enjoyment, as opposed to a specific topic. As in, even if I don't make an overly atmospheric map, a user may have enjoyed my map the most for its mechanics, and consider mine to be "best".

I've tried to make this event, at least here, sound less like a contest and rather a showcase. At the end of the day, while a contest does motivate those who strive for competitive, I for one want to encourage participation rather than determine who is the best.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
11-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia "One Week" Event! - by Romulator - 11-12-2018, 07:02 PM
RE: Amnesia "One Week" Event! - by GrAVit - 11-14-2018, 06:31 PM
RE: Amnesia "One Week" Event! - by Romulator - 11-14-2018, 06:58 PM