The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Custom story: Courage [Canceled]
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
Custom story: Courage [Canceled]

Idea So I've been playing with an idea for a Amnesia mod, and I'm going to try something different then the standard hallway/maze run from terror

This mod is inspired by an old TV cartoon "Courage the cowardly dog"
and will be somewhat of a tribute to the crazy world this show brought us
------------
The Idea;
"Alone in a house in the middle of no-where, but strange and terrible things happen in the middle of no-where"

You start in the house, alone, as as you explore and look around, depending on what you touch, something horrible will happen sooner or later, but what?
it all depends on how the player interacts in the world, stealth and cunning is your survival, research and exploring is your weapon, find ways to defeat an evil before its to late

------------
I need help, not only would I be creating a mod, but a open source model pack containing new walls, floors and all new stairs and windows, modders need a lil variety instead of castle, castle and more castle...
maybe even new monsters instead of just Mr Flappy jaw & Chuckles

it all depends on who is willing to help out~

I have floor plans and designs I'm currently working on, and collecting ideas for wall designs and furniture, I'm aiming for a 40's-60's look with a slight warp look to add insanity to the game

------------
how this game will play...
Quest 1: you start in the attic, passed out at the computer which is fried so you need to repair it, you need to head to the basement and grab a new network card and replace the cover

If the player just collected the network card and completed it without touching a "quest item" the game will simply move onto the next quest by default.... how ever, if the player touched a different item first, then it will load to that quest before continuing onto the original 2nd quest

due to limitations on the game engine/level editor the switching between quests will be split up in 'days' 1 quest per day
simply put, once you complete a quest you have to trigger the game to load the new quest by either walking to your bed in the attic or using an 'auto bed' item in your inventory that can only be used once your quest is complete
the system is similar to mafia 2's mission system (with an auto complete feature added Wink )

------------
The goals of this game is to recreate the courage cartoon dark style in a realistic and more 'matured' horror sense and essentially evolving from the G rated horror by adding environmental effects and feelings that change depending on whats happening whether its hiding from a patrolling monster lurking in the house or escaping the darkness as it hides in the walls or fire daemons spitting out of the fire place.
To change the pace once and a while, the player would be sucked into parallel worlds in a heart beat... like a tiny tropical island with sunny skies before the skies grow dark with blood and blood boils from the sand to the underworld to rescue a golden wing for a magic potion to save your home.

------------
The mod would be updated and released in segments
1 world per quest, this adds a great opportunity to continue as far as we want, and fixing a quest would be simply updating that 1 world, whether to make it more scary or to fix a bug

I'm familiar with mod making, but new to amnesia modding, I can't do this alone, will you help me?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011, 04:55 AM by DIGI Byte.)
12-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom story: Courage [Canceled] - by DIGI Byte - 12-13-2010, 06:33 PM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by Alex7754 - 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by Tottel - 12-13-2010, 09:03 PM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by DIGI Byte - 12-13-2010, 09:49 PM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by Akumasama - 12-13-2010, 10:06 PM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by DIGI Byte - 12-13-2010, 10:16 PM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by Alex7754 - 12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by DIGI Byte - 12-14-2010, 12:16 AM
RE: Custom story: Courage (WIP) - by DIGI Byte - 12-14-2010, 08:10 AM