The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Performance concerns
Peeling Offline

Threads: 1
Performance concerns

I enjoyed the new demo (though it was a tad short) and my only real gripe (apart from finding the hatch astoundingly unresponsive to my mouse movements) was the relatively poor graphical performance. Yes, I know it's doing a lot of clever stuff, but I've just played through Prey at 1440x900 with everything set to maximum without dropping a frame. I've even had the computer-annihilating beast that is Oblivion (with 4096x4096 texture parallax texture patches applied AND the 'action oblivion' mod, which pits me against ten or more highly detailed mobs at a time with full ragdoll physics piling their weapons and slaughtered corpses in mounds around me) running at full frame rate on indoor scenes.

In short, it was a *little* disappointing to see relatively simple scenes chugging a bit in this game. Is there scope for further optimisation, or is that phase of development done and dusted?

Thanks Smile
03-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Performance concerns - by Peeling - 03-13-2007, 09:05 PM