The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I must be crazy, but the prison didn't scare me *that* much
blackakari Offline

Threads: 2
I must be crazy, but the prison didn't scare me *that* much

I think the prison has gotten too much hype for its own good. While I do agree that the prison was a scary experience, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. And YES I DID play as recommended, gamma correct, lights off, and headphones on.
Reasons:
*It was too short. I did both blocks within 30 minutes, with really rushing through it, but I did move at a faster pace. I did explore most of the area (found all 3 journals) but once I found the exit I said screw it and left.
*Never really felt lost- Frictional could have used the darkness of the prison to add to the scare factor, but it was kind of ruined with pre-lit torches, and cracks in the ceiling. I didn't feel like I was suffocating in the blackness, it felt like a normal level.
*Monsters: never really gave me that HOLY **** feeling they were supposed to. I only encountered three the whole level, and only one scared me, the other two I never saw because of the music warning me. And that thing they threw in at the end doesn't even count as a monster, it wasn't even close to scary.

That being said, it was still a very scary area and was really tense and suspenseful. The storage room remains the scariest area so far for me, however. That one door will haunt me for the rest of my life Undecided
Now I'll try not to poop my pants in the cistern.

They should rename Amnesia to F.E.A.R

- Fuck Everything and Run
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2011, 03:57 AM by blackakari.)
01-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
I must be crazy, but the prison didn't scare me *that* much - by blackakari - 01-19-2011, 03:57 AM