Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.]
Airyll Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.]

(01-26-2011, 05:29 AM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: i think you misunderstood, i probably should have said over complicating, it stands to reason that people are finding floors in the story that don't exist and then coming up with a complicated plot solution to fill up the holes that they have "found" in the story where none exist, for example, why doesn't the shadow kill daniel in that particular ending, so they come up with a theory such as "the shadow doesn't exist it's just his imagination" or a multitude of other reasons when the logical reason is that it was never after daniel in the first place, which it wasn't, but everyone assumed that it was,

in other words, the try to fix what isn't broken, i'm fine with that but it just seems a little too complicated, i prefer something that is simple, fits and explains everything nicely, which half these theories aren't.

Where did you get that the Shadow was never after Daniel? Because the fact of the matter is that the Shadow is after Daniel and chasing after him the entire game. It's not because it has anything against Daniel in particular but it is related to the fact that it's going after the stolen Orb and kills anybody in it's path that came into some contact with the Orb, and the person carrying it. The fact Daniel survived in this one scenario is not a flaw more than it is something you are supposed to interpret! Nobody is overly complicating things because this is designed to get you asking "Why?"

The Shadow was after Daniel through the entire game however and I think just saying "It was never after him" when it's clearly stated several times over that it is, and every single other ending would also suggest the shame, is just... well it's almost a lazy way out. You aren't even simplifying anything by saying this, because it just seems to deny a good part of the story. Daniel dies in every other ending because, like all the people killed by the Shadow whom Daniel merely spoke to about the Orb, he is in the path of retrieval for the Shadow. Since we can assume this creature a near merciless being while in pursuit of an Orb, it would kill Daniel the instant it caught him because he has a direct connection to the orb and is in the "path" of the Shadow as it tries to get the Orb back.

You are right. Nothing is broken in the fact Daniel survived a particular plot. But to say we are trying to "fix" something is untrue as well; we aren't fixing anything but doing what you would assume the developers wanted us to do and using our heads to explore why something didn't happen when in all other cases, it does.

[Image: DragonBannersmall.png]
01-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by Airyll - 01-25-2011, 06:31 AM
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by Kein - 01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by Airyll - 01-26-2011, 12:31 AM
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by Bek - 01-26-2011, 01:22 AM
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by Airyll - 01-26-2011, 03:56 AM
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by Sexbad - 01-26-2011, 05:24 AM
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by Airyll - 01-26-2011, 07:03 AM
RE: Theory of the Shadow [SPOILERS.] - by davva - 01-26-2011, 11:01 PM