Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Entity-connected lights and areas (solved)
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Entity-connected lights and areas (solved)

(02-02-2011, 06:49 AM)jens Wrote: I think you could make a big body that does not physically collide, but works to use with addcollideentitycallback. So if you set a variable when you have added the ember to the bucket, you could then check the players in/out collision with the big body of the bucket to know if he is in or outside the light (the body would be like an area).

At least in Penumbra overture we have one place with a big rock rolling over the player, and to be sure there was no hiccup the entity does not collide physically with the player, but there is an addcollideentitycallback to check if the entity has rolled over the player.

Amnesia is a little bit different so could be this idea does not work any longer.

Thanks Jens. I changed my method to an inventory-based one, and actually got it to work just now (was coming back to put [SOLVED] on my other post) but originally considered your idea. I wasn't able to get the big body to register, or anything to register for that matter, using GetEntitiesCollide. No matter what I tried, it always returned false. :/

Even so, I ended up learning more than I originally would have, so all in all I'd say it was more a blessing in disguise than anything else.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
02-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entity-connected lights and areas (solved) - by Phoroneus - 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM