Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Linux Beta Demo and Feedback (1.0.1 Final Out)
Patteh Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Linux Beta Demo and Feedback

Quick and dirty workaround for "Couldn't find any suitable frontend for your system" problem:

On my Gentoo machine I did this:
1. Extract PenumbraDemo.sh into a target dir
./PenumbraDemo.sh --target /some/temp/dir
2. Run install script /some/temp/dir/startupinstaller.sh. It aborts with error: "Couldn't find any suitable frontend for your system"

This happens because the fltk and ncurs binaries in /some/temp/dir/bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.6 can not be extracted properly (NOTE: bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.6 might be different on your system. This path was created by the PenumbraDemo.sh script) The getbinlibdir subroutine returned this for LCPPDIR: bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.2.* which cannot be handled by the rest of the script.

3. Extract the file /some/temp/dir/bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.6/fltk.lzma manually. In /some/temp/dir/bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6 issue:
$ ./lzma-decode  libstdc++.so.6/fltk.lzma libstdc++.so.6/fltk
$ chmod u+x libstdc++.so.6/fltk
Do same for ncurs if you like. (This is what the routine unlzma() in startupinstaller.sh should do)

4. Then at the end of startupinstaller.sh I removed some stuff and set FRBIN manually, so the last for loop reads:
for LCPP in $LIBSTDCPPS
  do
    FRBIN="bin/linux/x86/libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.6/fltk"
        if [ ! -z "$ED_SRC" -a $FRBIN != $ED_SRC ]; then
            edelta ${LCDIR} $ED_SRC $FRBIN
        fi

# Run it
        chmod +x $FRBIN
    `pwd`/$FRBIN
    exit $?
   done
5. Invoke startupinstaller.sh again. FLTK-based installer started to install the demo
03-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread