Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Linux Beta Demo and Feedback (1.0.1 Final Out)
alienjon Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Linux Beta Demo and Feedback

Kudos on porting to Linux guys. I, for one, really appreciate the effort. I have especially looking for this kind of game for a while now and I'm glad to see that there is finally one coming out!

I would like to try the demo to get a feel for gameplay but I'm having two problems.

First and foremost, I cannot download the torrent files themselves, the connection always times out for some reason (that goes for both the original beta post and the second one too) A google search showed that someone in the ubuntu forums mentioned the problem and posted the torrent file as a zip file in their forums, so thats where I was able to get the file.

Having finally downloaded it onto my computer, I am now having the 'frontend' problem that others seem to be having (I'm on an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ processor, but it sounds like other 64 bitters are able to get around the issue) I tried the suggestion a while back of explicitly stating the target directory, but I still get the error right after that and cannot do the other steps. It sounds like getting the new beta release (the tarball) would allow me to compile it myself and would therefore fix this 'missing libraries) issue (and as a gentooer, compiling is my thing :-p) But the catch 22 there is that I can't download the file in the first place (see problem 1)
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread