Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 38 Vote(s) - 3.95 Average
Amnesia: An Unexpected Arrival [RELEASE] - v1.04
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - RELEASED! [31st May 2011]

I liked it very much!

Spoiler below!

The intro/credit-scene was nice - but were those flying things stones? I didn't get what they were there for. The music and the distorted view created a nice feeling in the whole starting section.

The locked cabinet in the first downstairs part was nice, that surely will freak out some players.

In the room with "A tattered note" the shirt in the top drawer flips out of the front of the drawer a bit when you pull it open quickly.

I liked the overall style of "brutal" scares with the heavy loud sound effects, it was something nicely different.

The first view onto the chandelier in the East Wing looked really nice. But the clock sound on that level sounded a bit too "cartoonish" for my taste.

The door that swings open slowly by itself looked very nice, imho this was just the right pace to not make it look obviously scripted.

In the Core Systems I had the same problem with the lever that was already mentioned: The area where to put it was a bit too small - after I tried to put the lever there once without success I kept searching the whole area over and over for another lever.

The sound during the elevator ride was nice.

The "burn your faith" riddle was a good idea.

At the door with the wood planks I had the same "problem" as someone above: I jumped over the gap and went near the door when the ingame message about the wood popped up - but I hadn't opened the door and therefore hadn't seen the wood either. I didn't find anything to do down there - so was there nothing to do or is there a scret area behind the locked door?

"Caution, watch your head" - very nice! Wink

The talking skull was something new, nice. I also liked the descent via the broken wood planks.

All in all everything looked great to me, good luck with your next project!
Now I need to find the secret rooms - did anyone find one yet? Smile
06-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - RELEASED! - by Nye - 05-31-2011, 12:24 AM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - RELEASED! [31st May 2011] - by bobbo - 06-01-2011, 08:00 AM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Nye - 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Austums - 06-10-2011, 07:35 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Nye - 06-10-2011, 08:37 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Austums - 06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Nye - 06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Hardarm - 06-11-2011, 09:32 AM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by kailip - 06-13-2011, 07:17 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Nye - 06-13-2011, 07:28 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Nye - 06-13-2011, 08:35 PM
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - Released - by Jarney - 06-17-2011, 05:41 PM