Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)
Desperate4God Offline

Threads: 0
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)

Spoiler below!
... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?
Not at all. Scared, yes.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?
Nope.

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?
No. I tried to keep the experience as "real" as possible. Only once did I have to find a safe spot to sit in and take moment to breathe.

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster?
I died from the water monster or "kaernk" only twice. I got killed by a Brite once. The Grunts never got me.

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?
No! I loved Agrippa. He reminded me of Red from Penumbra, so I felt really bad for him.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?
Not often. Maybe only once or twice.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?
Somehow I never made that connection in the first place. But whenever I went into a room, I always assumed that a monster could come in at any time, greatly increasing my survivbility.

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?
Yup.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?
I don't believe so.

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it?
Nope. I learned in Penumbra: Black Plague how to get away from monsters.

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen?
No. I really wanted to, though. I was trying to see if I could make it through the game without dying on my first play-through.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?
See answer to previous question.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?
I might have...

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?
Nope. I always had an escape plan if I got caught.

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?
I've only played through Amnesia: The Dark Descent once. I've noticed that the Justine expansion (from what I can tell) seems to always be the same, however.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?
Nope.

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south?
Yeah.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
Nope. I was more focused on my current objective and staying alive in general.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?
Nope.

(If you played Penumbra: Overture first...)
... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."?
Yup!

Kyrie Eleison.
04-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by eiahmon - 03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by Nye - 03-15-2011, 12:22 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by JMN - 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!) - by Desperate4God - 04-13-2012, 04:27 AM