Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Whats scarier penumbra black plague or Overture
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Whats scarier penumbra black plague or Overture

Overture has the best puzzles and the most "alone-feeling-atmosphere".
Black Plague is scarier, but the game has some science-fiction parts that taked me out of the Penumbra world.
The ending of Black Plague is really strange, but the story is great!
But it is shorter then Overture and has less tricky physic puzzles. And the voice of Clarence is disturbing all the gameplay.
I think, Overture was the best game, but some parts of Black Plague are even scarier than Amnesia, because the shelter is more creepy than the castle and the environments looking more dirty.
All are good games, so it isn't easy to pick out the best one, but when I remember the puzzles and immersion, Overture was the most involving game for me ever made!

The combat system wasn't an atmosphere-killer for me, it has increased atmosphere so much!
And the dogs are very hard to kill when you play the game first time and the spiders are impossible to kill.

It's even not the game's goal to fight back.

The weapons, are no weapons, they are tools. You can use them as weapons, but it isn't recommended.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011, 06:16 PM by Googolplex.)
11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whats scarier penumbra black plague or Overture - by Googolplex - 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM