Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blog: "Tech feature: Scripting upgrade"
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Blog: "Tech feature: Scripting upgrade"

Very nice. It's now more similar to what I'm used to script.
If I can give out some suggestions you should add:

-Directional lights(I suppose that's what you mean with sun light)
-Post Process Effects;
-Particle Emitters that emit static objects.
-Fluids(can be generated with particle emitters that emit soft bodies).
-Soft Bodies.
-In Editor animator.
-Make the use of coordinates available for the script, so functions such as SetPlayerPos(float X, float Y, float Z) or even MoveObject(X, Y, Z, Speed) where X, Y, Z is a vector, or even GetPlayerSpeed()which returns the speed vector.
-Allow the use of includes to ease up the script creation(#include ScriptAddon XXX)
-Add defines to ease up the call of some globals(#define WHATEVER "String0")
-Add a function to display an image on the player screen(DisplayFromFile("", X, Y).
-Add a function to enable FOV and to set it.
-Make it possible to create physic constraints/hinges/motors and what so on inside the editor.
-Add a lightmass system(So the shadows become more realistic without having to place 100 lights in the same level).
-Add customizable UI's Via script(Image appears in the screen via 2d coordinates, and objects such as buttons are created the same way.) CreateUIButton(string Name, float X, float, Y, float Xf, float Yf) X and Y defines the point of the first vertice of the rectangle and the others of the last.

If you think my suggestion may become usefull sometime, I can suggest a whole book in here. Otherwise I'll just suggest nothing else Tongue. Just trying to help.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blog: "Tech feature: Scripting upgrade" - by nemesis567 - 05-30-2011, 02:13 PM