The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few problems with the HPL level Editor
Sneezembop Offline

Threads: 1
A few problems with the HPL level Editor

I'm working on a 5 level custom story for Amnesia, and I've had a few technical difficulties with the level editor that are slowing me down.

first, there are a handful of folders and entities/static_objects that always crash the level editor when i try and put them in the game or even select the folder they're in. these include the mansion base ceiling tiles, human bone pile 1 and 2, and the castlebase wooden floor.

second, I'm trying to use a waterlurker to deter players from visiting an area before another, i have a large circular room with a staircase descending into the water where the waterlurker is. only trouble is, the waterlurker will go through the walls of the room and even come up out of the water via the stairs.

third, I have an area where the player hops along an exterior ledge to get to a blocked off room. like in the Archives. and I want to have it raining outside. the trouble is that the rain particle system is designed that either it's raining everywhere or it's raining nowhere. I'm just trying to make it look like it's raining outside the windows and on the ledge.

if anyone has encountered and overcome any of these problems, I would be exceedingly grateful for your advice. Thank you.
06-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A few problems with the HPL level Editor - by Sneezembop - 06-07-2011, 12:57 AM