Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graphics Card not recognizing!!
amnesiauser9392 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Graphics Card not recognizing!!

(06-22-2011, 08:57 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: OK, I think it is a corrupted graphics driver problem. Do these:

1) Download Driver Sweeper and install it. Do not run it yet.
2) Uninstall the AMD drivers and all of their components.
3) Now run Driver Sweeper. Select all AMD, ATI, NVIDIA, PHYSIX traces and if it founds something delete them all.
4) Reboot your system and then download this(Catalyst 11.6, do not use the latest beta or something else - 11.6 should be perfect):

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...xp-32.aspx

5) After installation reboot your system again. Make sure that in device manager your AMD card appears correctly and try launching the game again.

ok I'll try all of this, If this does not work I give up!! Sad

(06-22-2011, 10:38 AM)amnesiauser9392 Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 08:57 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: OK, I think it is a corrupted graphics driver problem. Do these:

3) Now run Driver Sweeper. Select all AMD, ATI, NVIDIA, PHYSIX traces and if it founds something delete them all.
4) Reboot your system and then download this(Catalyst 11.6, do not use the latest beta or something else - 11.6 should be perfect):

5) After installation reboot your system again. Make sure that in device manager your AMD card appears correctly and try launching the game again.

ok I'll try all of this, If this does not work I give up!! Sad

I've uninstalled all ATI/AMD drivers and software and cleaned AMD components and nVidia components with Driver Sweeper and it has rebooted. I have downloaded the drivers from the link you sent me, can you tell me how to install them properly??

I installed the Catalyst software 11.6, but my driver does not appear in Device Manager. I don't think I installed it properly, it hasn't done anything. Could you please guide me through the steps on how to install this driver? Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 11:29 AM by amnesiauser9392.)
06-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics Card not recognizing!! - by jens - 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM
RE: Graphics Card not recognizing!! - by jens - 06-18-2011, 12:32 PM
RE: Graphics Card not recognizing!! - by amnesiauser9392 - 06-22-2011, 10:38 AM