Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woah... This shouldn't be happening..
Ouroboros Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Woah... This shouldn't be happening..

(07-22-2011, 05:44 AM)Snuffalofagus Wrote: I failed to mention this, but the script area for where the monsters spawn and the doors disappear, is in a general area, so you're going to be running over that script area alot, and I only want it to activate if you have the key to a specific door, that's why I used the "if" first instead of just a collide callback. I see what you're trying to tell me, but it wouldn't work that way since I want the script area to be active once you achieved a key.

But that's the point of setting off auto disable and manually disabling it only after it's effect starts when the player has the key. It will become active a lot, but it won't do anything until the key is in the player's inventory because of the if statement having the timer inside, with the manual disable also within. Hm... Well, the logic seems sound to me but, if you think it won't work then that is acceptable as well.

I think I've attempted it once( can't remember how it worked out), but you could possibly have a interact function attached to the key and then add the callback inside that function. So, that's an alternative suggestion I suppose.

Edit: Ah, that would do it. Perhaps consider static or locked swing doors?
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 05:56 AM by Ouroboros.)
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woah... This shouldn't be happening.. - by Ouroboros - 07-22-2011, 05:53 AM