The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA
Grayda Offline

Threads: 1
Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA

What a very original name! But this is as it says. Using a bluetooth adapter, GlovePIE and your copy of Penumbra tech demo, Overture or Overture demo, you can *SORT OF* use your Wii remote with Penumbra. Please keep in mind while testing this:
  • I don't have a Wii, I just have a Wii remote to use with my PC
  • I don't have a sensor bar
  • This was mostly created for my own needs, but I'm releasing it here

After keeping this in mind, here is my Penumbra Wii script. Using the built-in accelerometer, you can look up, down, left and right using the roll and pitch, move in all directions using the digital pad, scroll through weapons with plus and minus, access the inventory with home, B to interact, A to examine, 1 and 2 to bring out your Glowstick and Flashlight.

That's about it for now. Once I play with my remote some more, I'll include thrust support so you can pull and push the remote away from yourself to push and pull items. I'll also try and include flick support so you can flick the remote to turn faster, throw things further and such.

To use this effectively, set your resolution to 1024x768. This is until the script leaves beta. I also know that turning is slow, but I'll work on that later. It's slow for more accurate interaction with objects4

Feedback is much appreciated. Try it out if you can, if you can't, have a look at the code and try and nab a Wii remote for the afternoon ;D

To use this, you'll need GlovePIE, available from http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie

And if you're feeling really generous, I could use a sensor bar (a home-made one would be preferable, I don't know how long these torches by my monitor can last Tongue) or a Nunchuck if you want to see moar control in it all Big Grin

Enjoy!
04-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA - by Grayda - 04-22-2007, 05:26 AM