Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could my mod idea get pulled off?
Gearsguy Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Could my mod idea get pulled off?

(08-01-2011, 03:54 AM)Kyle Wrote: It is possible, but it really requires months of hard work and labor-intensive scripting. To make all the custom models for weapons could be hard. There could be a way for the player to grab on a knife entity and swing it around, but that wouldn't be as fun. Luckly, AngelScript supports random integers and the like to randomize player and monster/zombie positions at random times including to being able to randomize maps.

As I must add to this, you can basically make a tycoon type game where the player can build up on a shelter and weaponry, but of course it takes lots of hard work to get things like this working, especially when you're doing this all alone. I also want to note that I don't think this was ever attempted, but I did think up some ideas of a sort of zombie barricade based game like having the meat on the bone be used as health or something. Smile

Wells thats pretty encouraging I guess. I dont mean to do this alone (nor am I saying Im starting this right now), I just want to see if its even possible before I venture into the deep. I mainly do level design and mapping so I was going to start with trying to do modern day levels as a start and such. I figure thats easy and its just good mapping and texturing. I dont want to start anything until I actually have something lol

For melee weapons, would it be possible to sort of copy the same way weapons acted from the HPL1 engine (Penumbra: Overture)?

And I like your idea of using meat on bones lol. But I dont think the player would do that until insanities at an absolute minimum Wink
08-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Could my mod idea get pulled off? - by Gearsguy - 08-01-2011, 03:32 AM
RE: Could my mod idea get pulled off? - by Kyle - 08-01-2011, 03:54 AM
RE: Could my mod idea get pulled off? - by Gearsguy - 08-01-2011, 04:04 AM